Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Avatar

I promise, a substantive post is on its way. Meanwhile, enjoy some avatar absurdity, courtesy of Meez.com.



I'm sure this isn't a new idea, but I would really like to see an RPG-like program developed that's designed specifically for Pagan work and ritual. I'm sure there's plenty of Pagans who'd be interested in doing ritual online as a kind of "cybermagick," but I'm thinking more as a useful tool to help with the design of ritual and its visualization. Putting elements of guided creative visualization together on the screen in order to develop a "script" for real-life work might be very useful to some of us who are more visual learners.

Perhaps there are programs out there (I'm thinking specifically of Second Life) that people are already adapting for use in this way. If anyone knows of any, please let me know. I'd be curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment