Tuesday, May 15, 2007

For Readers

I'd like to share two nifty new interweb toys I have discovered recently which I think regular readers of this blog might appreciate.

First, as you will note in my sidebar, I have created an account at Blogarithm.com. Clicking the "subscribe" button in my sidebar will take you to a page where you can sign up to receive email updates about new posts on this blog. The really cool thing is that this service allows you to subscribe to any blogs--or any webpages, for the matter--even if they do not already have an account. To test the service out, I subscribed to all of the blogs in my "Druid Blogs" sidebar list. Now I receive one handy email from Blogarithm that includes titles, short excerpts and links to the posts for any blogs updated that day. It's quite convenient, especially for someone like me, who doesn't know much about RSS and Atom feeds.

Second, I have stumbled upon LibraryThing.com, which is heaven online for a book nerd like me. The basic idea is an online catalogue of the books you own, which allows you to tag works according to subject/topic, and compare your personal library with those of other users in the database. I could go on for hours about all the different tools, toys and networking possibilities (you can see the neat widgets in my sidebar, displaying a random selection of my books and allowing you to search my personal library by title or subject), but I'd suggest you check it out for yourself. If you decide to create an account, and you're interested in Druidry, I've created a Druidry group that you might be interested in joining.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip about LibraryThing.com. I'm always looking for a good way to share the books I'm reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carly, No problem! It's a win-win situation for me, since the more people who get hooked on LibraryThing.com, the more my own profile will enable me to network with people who have similar interests and good recommendations. :)

    ReplyDelete